You’ve got your dream truck: The Ford F150.
It is one of the best full-size pickup trucks in the market. And you’re a proud owner of it.
No doubt, the truck in itself is fantastic.
But you want to take it to the new level. Don’t you?
And if that’s the case, then Ford 150 is one of the few vehicles out there that gets the special treatment. You can find many accessories to upgrade the truck.
So, if you’re looking for the best F 150 accessories, stay with us as we’ve got some cool upgrades for your truck.
Table of Contents
Ford F 150 Accessories Comparison
The 20 Best Ford F150 Upgrades
Yes, we are in the main part of the article you are going to finish! We’ve listed an updated list of 20 best ford f150 accessories to ease your selection effort.
So, let’s get started with the reviews and things you should know before purchasing one for you.
1. Westin 57-2505 HDX Black Grille Guard
Why not cover up the front of the F150? That’s right, put a solid cage in front of the car to protect it from such crashes. Just install the mighty Westin 57-2505 HDX Black Grille Guard in the front.
The black grille guard looks great on the truck. And its mild steel is enough to avoid the impacts.
Other features of the Westin 57-2505 HDX Black Grille Guard include:
- The mild black steel grille guard is solid.
- The tube has a 2-inch diameter
- It got 1-piece welded uprights
- Get extra shield with rubber padding.
- It got full wrap-around headlight guards.
Its heavy-duty rubber pads with a 2-inch diameter tube give your truck the safety it desires. So, even if your vehicle comes in contact with other cars or the unfortunate wildlife, it might come out of it without any real damage.
2. Reese Towpower 86065 Licensed LED Hitch Light Cover with Ford Logo
Just get rid of the standard Ford emblem on the rear of the vehicle. Replace it with the Resse.
Now, what’s so unique about it?
As you see, it is a LED logo. So, you would add a stylish touch on the vehicle for sure. That’s because, underneath the emblem, you got the red LEDs. So, it will flash up and make your ride more visible.
But it’s not all about the looks. It also alerts other riders to stop when they see the LED emblem light up when the truck stops. So, it also works as a great safety feature.
Now, the Reese LED offers both low and high illumination. When you use the tail light, the light remains weak, but it is more visible when you hit the breaks.
Other features of the Towpower 86065 Licensed LED Hitch Light Cover include:
- The Ford Logo has LED Light underneath.
- Easy to install.
- The LED’s give low illumination with tail lights on.
- The Light provides high illumination when brakes get applied.
- The product fits both 1-1/4 and 2-inch receivers.
Also, energy-efficient LEDs on the thing are long-lasting. And you would love the fact; you won’t need any tools to hook it up on the truck.
So, this is undoubtedly one of the best Ford F150 upgrades.
3. AntennaX Off-Road (13-inch) Antenna for Ford F150
So, you want something more suitable for the truck; then, the 13-inch AntennaX off-road is perfect.
It uses flexible rubber as material, so it is very bendable. You don’t need the pliers to take it off or install, use your hands, and it works.
Other features of the AntennaX Off-Road Antenna include:
- It fits all Ford F150 models from 1980-2020.
- The antenna is only 13-inches.
- Easy plug-n-play installation.
- Get receptions 99.9% of the time.
- It doesn’t interfere with other satellite systems on the ride.
But you install the antenna for the reception. That’s what it is for, and even in that regard, it doesn’t disappoint. 99.9% of the time, you get the channels on the radio. And even though if you are off-roads. It is one of the best F150 accessories that every Ford trucker should get.
4. JLT Performance Oil Separator
It is there to release excess gas to the engine to use the unused gas fume. But while sending the oil through the PCV system, the oil coating can get stick to the intake and reduce the efficiency altogether.
So, the engine might have an issue with producing enough power.
The JLT performance oil separator sits between the crankcase and the intake. And what it does is it filters out the oil from the gas. So, only the gas passes.
So, no more reduced power.
Other features of the JLT Performance Oil Separator include:
- The new design holds about 3 oz of fluid.
- It has a durable, thick construction.
- Super easy to fit.
- It got designed to collect the finest of vapors and pass them through to the intake.
- The package comes with the factory PCV hose for secure plug-n-play installation.
The new design JLT is perfect for your truck as it has a 3 oz capacity. The earlier one had only 1. Therefore, you don’t need to take off the oil separator often.
Plus, it is easy to install and take off; you can quickly get rid of the excess oil without any problem.
5. For Ford Towing Mirrors SCITOO Exterior Accessories Mirrors
For starters, the increased field of view you get with the mirrors. The telescoping function of it makes it easy to see around your truck. So, you can now change lanes without worrying about what’s coming from behind.
I love the turn signal on the things even more than anything else. The high-intensity amber lights under the mirror can get noticed from way behind. So, people behind know which side you’ll turn to for sure.
Other features of the Ford Towing Mirrors SCITOO include:
- It is perfect for 2007-2014 Ford F150 trucks.
- There is a dual glass. The main one has power adjustment, while the spotter is manual.
- Heated mirrors.
- Turn signal under the spotter mirror.
- The telescoping mirror gives a better rearview.
The heated mirror itself melts away the ice. So, if you live in cold areas in the country, you don’t have to worry about foggy visions in your mirror. The towing mirror doesn’t allow it to happen.
6. Auto Ventshade 684975 Chrome Ventvisor Side Window Deflector
The window vent visor will direct the snow, water from getting through the window opening. But will let the fresh air get through with ease. So, you can keep the inside of your truck dry and cool.
The chrome-plated finish on the visors is perfect to go with your truck. It doesn’t look out of place at all. And blends with the ride.
Other features of the Ventshade 684975 Chrome Ventvisor Side Window include:
- It keeps rainwater out and let the fresh air get inside.
- It allows keeping the window partially open to reduced heat build-up in parked vehicles.
- Blends right in with your Ford F150.
- The USA made product comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
On the plus side, it also doesn’t require any drilling to install. So, you won’t put any scratch on your ride just to enjoy the benefits.
7. Husky Liners Fits 2015-20 Ford F-150 Floor Mats
Some floor mats have a nasty odor that you can’t tolerate. This one has no such smell. So, a good start.
The sporty line material on the mats can also tolerate. You can abuse it as much as you want, it won’t deteriorate. And cleaning it is a dream.
Just yank, dump spray, and repeat! Three easy steps and you’ve got yourself a clean mat.
Other features of the Husky Liners Floor Mats include:
- The FormFit design process perfectly forms each liner for your specific ride.
- Its exclusive StayPut cleats help keep the liners to stay in place.
- It gets made from rugged material to withstand abuse.
- Easy to clean.
- It gets made in the USA.
- The floor mat comes with a hassle-free lifetime warranty.
And its detailed WeatherBeater liners make sure dirt, snow, and other stuff don’t find their way inside the truck. At the same time, it makes sure the floor of your vehicle remains safe.
8. Blue Aluminum Interior Air Conditioner Switch Knob Ring
You can get all kinds of Ford F150 upgrades. But it is the little ones that sometimes make the biggest difference.
The switch knobs from Kujooy an excellent place to start.
You can get knob rings for the car to give it a more personal touch. The blue ring knobs are stylish and attractive. So, your dull interior will liven up for sure.
Meanwhile, the aluminum knobs give you a better grip. If you have sweaty fingers and the knobs often slip out of your grasp, this one will solve the problem.
Other features of the Interior Air Conditioner Switch Knob Ring include:
- The knobs fit Ford F150 XLT 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- It uses a highly durable aluminum alloy.
- Easy to install.
- The knob rings provide an attractive look to the interior of your truck.
- It is rust-proof.
Plus, the aluminum alloy is quite durable. So, once you put the rings on, you just forget about them. These will stay and won’t come off until you take them off from the switches.
Now, you know what F150 interior part you’ve got to get.
9. Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller PC18 Bluetooth
You can put the foot down hard on the acceleration pedal, but still, it might not respond right away.
Only after a couple of seconds, the truck starts to accelerate.
It’s a real bummer, let me tell you. And often make people lose interest in their vehicle. If you don’t want to be that guy who gave up on his F150, get the Pedal Commander.
It is one of those Ford F 150 truck accessories that work to make the truck fast. It does so by eliminating the delay after you put down the foot hard on the electronic gas pedal.
However, you need newer Ford F-150 models to enjoy this on the ride. And if you got the right model, you can experience the full 36 adjustable settings it has to offer.
The best part, the four modes on the thing, helps you ride the F150 fast but also economically. You can use the commander to set in the eco mode. This way, instead of responding fast, it slows it down.
Other features of the Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller include:
- It offers 4-different modes: Eco, City, Sport, and Sport+. And each style has 9-variant of adjustments.
- It is a quick plug-n-play device.
- You can control the Bluetooth pedal commander using an app.
- Installing it doesn’t void any warranty of your truck.
- The device is only for 2010 or newer Ford F150’s.
The benefit of it is that you can get 150 MPG on that monstrous of a vehicle, saving almost 20% of your fuel.
So, you can now balance between a sporty and economical riding experience.
10. BuiltRight Industries Rear Seat Release for Ford F-150
It is an essential piece of the puzzle that many often time neglect. Even the car manufacturers themselves are guilty of this.
The strap they provide might work great, but with time they wear out. And in time of need, it won’t keep you glued to the seat, and that can be costly. BuiltRight industries know the importance, and that’s why they came up with improved rear-seat releases.
They have dumped the old square-peg round hole for the new click-fit keyhole design. And it did so keeping the square-headed Ford latches in mind.
So, you can get an easy click fit latch system. The other great thing about it is that it uses fiberglass material. It might look like plastic, but it isn’t.
Therefore, the item won’t break.
Other features of the BuiltRight Industries Rear Seat Release include:
- It takes only minutes to install.
- The release system got made especially keeping the new Ford 150 latch in mind.
- It is easy to store.
- The release system fits the 2009 – 2020 Ford F-150 SuperCrew and 2015 – 2020 Ford F-150 SuperCab.
- Made in the USA.
BuiltRight didn’t go with metal as the constant metal-on-metal connection would rattle the Ford latch. Also, the strap doesn’t get torn off because of it. So, it is a positive change they made.
11. KMMOTORS Automotive Customized Console Armrest
That’s where the KMMOTORS customizes console armrest comes in play.
Yes, that’s right! They made this, especially for the Ford F150. So, it fits right in without any problem. The material it uses is artificial leather. It is a soft, high-quality material to enjoy a comfortable time.
Other features of the Customized Console Armrest include:
- Custom-fit for Ford F150 trucks: 2015 ~ 2020.
- The soft, high-quality fabric is comfortable but, in the meantime, quite durable.
- It keeps stains away from the armrest.
- It is easy to put on and clean.
Meanwhile, you don’t leave any mark on the console while putting your arm on the armrest.
All in all, it is a great accessory to have for the ride.
12. VANJING Center Console Organizer Tray
The organized tray got different compartments, making it easy for you to keep your things. You can separate your phone from the other stuff. The best part is it even has a coin storage section so that you can keep the changes.
The center control unit uses black ABS plastic. So, it is more durable. And it blends well with the inside of the truck. Besides, the tray has anti-slip material that makes it more stable. Otherwise, it would’ve just slid out from its place.
Other features of the VANJING Center Console Organizer Tray include:
- The best F150 accessories are only for 2015-2017 F150 models.
- The tray has non-slip,rubber liner on the bottom to prevent sliding.
- It got made using a more durable ABS plastic material.
- It has a space-saving compartment design.
- The tray comes with a cleaning brush.
And it is one of the few Ford F150 upgrades that come with extra accessories. Yes, that’s right; you will be getting a cleaning brush to keep the tray neat. You can even clean the air vent, keyboard, shutter with the thing. So, that bonus is as good as the real thing.
13. Husky Liners 79121 Black Wheel Well Guards
So, now you can march through the gravel, rock, and sand territories without worry. That’s because if your wheels throw something to your rides way, the liners will keep them off damaging it.
But it won’t be an addition that would be practical but make the ride look ugly. Nope!
The liners blend well with your vehicle. So, you will get a seamless transition. The thermoplastic materials can anything the road has to spit on it. It is highly durable and is perfect for handling all types of weather. So, need to worry about it rusting.
Other features of the Husky Liners 79121 Wheel Well Guards include:
- The all impact-resistant all-weather thermoplastic is highly durable.
- It is easy to install.
- The liners are quite lightweight.
- Easy to clean.
- It comes with a hassle-free lifetime guarantee.
- It is a product made in the USA.
The liners even keep the scratches at bay. So, even if you hit a big rock, it won’t be visible. Also, it makes sure dirt and water don’t get access to the inside of the truck.
So, it fends everything the road has to throw at its way.
14. APS iBoard Running Boards 5 inches
The truck is a bit more above the ground level than cars. If you haven’t noticed it, maybe you don’t have a hard time hopping inside your Ford F150.
But if you feel the struggle, then you might need some help with getting inside your ride.
For that, I’ve got the perfect Ford F 150 truck accessories. It is a 5-inch running board from APS: The iBoard.
The 5-inch board is long enough to give the lift to get inside both at the front and back. The aluminum silver iBoard is low-profile. It suits the overall appearance of the ride. So, it doesn’t impose at all.
But more importantly, it uses 100% aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum as its material. So, the thing is super stable. You can put your weight on it as it has a 300lbs weight capacity.
Other features of the APS iBoard Running Boards include:
- The package comes with 2-iBoard running boards.
- It includes mounting brackets and hardware kit for an easy DIY installation.
- The side steps get a 100% aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum build.
- The 5-inch wide steps get rubber covering to avert slips.
- It supports the 2015-2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab Pickup 4-Door and Ford F-250 F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 2017-2020.
Plus, it prevents rust, corrosion. In addition to all this, the entire iBoard gets covered with rubber. So no slipping accident is waiting for you. Big relief!
15. Dee Zee DZ43204 Tailgate Assist Shock
It is a shock absorber, so when you open the tailgate of the truck, it absorbs, the sudden drop slowing the fall. The tailgate model fits all F150 from 2004-2014. So, that’s a good thing.
And you can install it the existing prevailing cable setup on the truck. Therefore, no need to drill anything. Easy installation is what you get with it.
Other features of the Dee Zee DZ43204 Tailgate Assist Shock include:
- It is for all 2004-2014 F150 trucks.
- It gets tested to make sure it’s ready for daily heavy use.
- No-drill setup.
- It comes with all hardware.
- The taillight weighs only 1 pound.
Now, opening and closing the tailgate is a child’s play. It’s that easy. Not to forget, the gas shock dampener gives a smooth action to the tailgate. So, unlike with some of the other tailgate, you don’t get a tailgate opening action that stops and starts. It is one continuous flow.
16. Undercover SwingCase Truck Bed Storage Box
You can install it on the side bed of the truck. And its swing model makes sure it doesn’t get in your way. All thanks to its 180° design, the box swing-out right from the side and goes back. So, it doesn’t hog the space on the open pickup. That way, you can store other things.
You can’t do that with a traditional storage box unit. But if you have worries, it might swing out when you drive through rough terrains, then don’t. It has a secure lock to keep it in place. Only if you pull the lever in the bottom of it, it will come out; otherwise, it won’t.
The best part, when you don’t need it, all you just have to pull it out. No need to use tools to get it unhinged. The box uses ABS plastic, so it is durable and resist all type of weather condition.
Plus, it holds up to 75 pounds of weight, which is decent for a small unit like this. I especially love the contour lids with cupholders as its a brilliant touch.
Other features of the Undercover SwingCase Truck Bed Storage Box include:
- The side bed fits Ford 150 2015-2020.
- It keeps a 3-inch clearance.
- Secure locked position.
- Need no special tools to install.
- The Swingcase gets backed with a 1-year guarantee.
The thing is also waterproof, so you don’t need to worry about water getting inside it. It has rubber seal all the way around under the lid, making sure your tools keep dry.
On the whole, it’s a great storage box. And you should give it a look for sure.
17. Husky Liners Heavy Duty Bed Mat Fits
However, you want to keep it fresh and new, so put some bed mat on it. But not any bed liner, get the best with the Husky heavy-duty mat.
The best part about it is that it gets made for the Ford pickups. So, it lines perfectly—no need to cut and fit like the other mats. The rubberized dura grip material is soft. So, it doesn’t cause harm to the cargo. At the same time, it protects the bed from the load of the shipment.
Other features of the Husky Liners Heavy Duty Bed Mat Fits include:
- It has a DuraGrip HD Anti-skid material.
- The material is soft to the touch.
- Easy fitting on Ford trucks.
- The air-dry nibs on the mat keeps moisture out.
The grip on the materials is also top-notch. So, whatever you load on the back of your truck, it will stay at its position. Plus, it keeps the moisture out.
18. Traxion 5-100 Tailgate Ladder
It is a pickup truck ladder that fits right onto the tailgate—no need to carry around a ladder with you. It’s right there.
Just open the tailgate and then deploy the Traxion. Simple!
You also don’t need to worry about space with it. It secures right against the tailgate, so it stays away from the cargo.
Other features of the Traxion 5-100 Tailgate Ladder include:
- The ladder has a 300 lbs weight limit.
- Easy storage.
- It deploys in seconds.
- It securely fastens with the tailgate.
Plus, the 300 lbs weight capacity of it, gives you the confidence to use it without any fear.
It’s one of the best F150 accessories that makes real sense to get.
19. Bully BBS-1103 Universal Truck Side Step Set
It gets forged from billet aluminum; the side step is quite stable. Don’t get fool by the small demeanor. It can hold the weight like the earlier side step as it has 350 lbs of weight capacity.
The lightweight side step is also paintable. Therefore, you can paint it to match the thing with the truck’s color so that it can blend better.
Other features of the Bully BBS-1103 Universal Truck Side Step Set include:
- 350 lb. weight limit.
- It provides maximum durability with the aluminum build.
- The side step is a universal fir for most rides.
- It is customizable with paint.
- It comes in pairs.
And it provides an excellent grip, so you don’t have to worry about any slipping of any sort. It is a superb addition to the truck.
20. EyeCatcher Pro Series Tailgate Letter Inserts (USA FLAG)
The high-tech molded plastic is durable and flashy. So, it looks great. Add the UV stable feature; it takes care of itself as the thing won’t get damaged anytime soon.
Other features of the EyeCatcher Pro Series Tailgate Letter Inserts include:
- Durable molded plastic letters.
- Easy to apply.
- USA flag design.
- Made in the USA.
So, if you’re feeling like representing your patriotic side on your vehicle, this is the right choice. However, you’ve got to have a newer Ford F150 model to use it.
Buying Considerations for Best F150 Accessories
Now, it’s a hard question to answer. It is hard to tell what to look for or not. That’s why I’ve shown you some pretty cool Ford F150 upgrades.
But how do you know what to get or what to not, can be somewhat daunting, don’t you think?
That’s why let me give you a clear idea about what to consider while looking for some truck mods.
Accessories for Styling
There are 3-categories to consider the accessories. The first one is styling.
You bought a new truck, and you’re happy with it. However, you want it to catch the eyes when you take it out on the road. And pickups aren’t the most glamourous rides, that’s for sure.
So, you want to add some flare to it. That’s where the like of Eyecatcher tailgate or the licensed LED hitch lights from Reese steps into your rescue.
With these accessories, you can get the flashy look you want.
Accessories for Comfort
Then there is the second kind of means you want to add to your ride. The comfort ones.
The only purpose of these accessories is to make the ride more comfortable for you.
As you have seen already, the side-step or the tailgate ladder is an excellent example of what I’m trying to tell.
These F150 upgrades uplift the ride to a whole new level that you feel convenient with your truck.
If you are thinking about what to consider while looking for accessory for the Ford truck, ask yourself, where you can add a little bit of comfort to the vehicle for you to enjoy it more.
Accessories for Practicality
The last bit of advice that I have for you is to look for practical accessories.
Undoubtedly, comfort is essential; maybe a little flaunting is ok, but it is all about the truck at the end of the day.
You need to think about it the most. How you can protect it and how you can get the best use out of it so that it can serve you for years to come.
That’s where practical additions on your vehicle come into play. A grille guard on the front will lessen the damage if the truck runs into something. The oil separator will ensure the car engine works efficiently. The throttle control will help you to save up fuel as well as hit the speed when needed.
So, many significant enhancements you can get for the ride for it to be better. And for you to enjoy driving it more.
In simple words, think about the 3-aspects individually, and you will figure out what to get and not.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is it ok to use accessories from other brands?
Yes, there is no stopping you from using products from other brands other than Ford.
What are some must-have Ford accessories?
The bed mat, floor mat, and even the tailgate ladder are some few additions that are must-have for the ride.
Does using accessories from other brands voids the truck's warranty?
Few additions can cause the void of warranty. Not any of the above upgrades mentioned here have any such issue. That can only happen if you make significant changes with the engine or other crucial parts of the ride.
Ford F150 is one of the most popular trucks in the world. There are so many awesome upgrades available for it that you might lose track of time.
However, we’ve done some digging and found the Best F150 accessories that you must-have.
Whether you’re looking to add comfort, practicality, or even a bit of bling to the ride, we’ve got it all covered.
You just go through the list and find the right upgrade to go with your vehicle.
And when you do, don’t forget to let us know. We are eagerly waiting to see what upgrade you had given to your F150.